16 OZ – 454 G TWO PERSON TARP – USES TWO 45” POLES
Go light. Bring a buddy. Support a great cause. It can all be done with the Wild Owyhee.
The Wild OWYHEE is part of the Zero-Gravity Family – our premium line of ultralight products constructed from Dyneema®. Weighing in at 35% lighter than the standard Haven. It provides full weather coverage plus bug protection at an incredible 16 ounces.
As a long-term supporter of the ONDA, Six Moon Designs wants to go a step further. $20 of every Wild Owyhee sale will go to benefit ONDA to help protect, defend, and restore public lands and waterways in Oregon’s high desert for future generations.
SHIPPING: The Wild Owyhee will require a signature for delivery.
The Wild Owyhee is a shaped tarp designed to provide the maximum amount of protection for minimum weight. A dual pole design with a 48" (122 cm) wide canopy provides tremendous amounts of headroom. Flanked on either side with a zippered, vestibule door for storage and separate entry. The center peak of the Wild Owyhee is offset slightly toward the head of the shelter, creating a steeper angle and placing the canopy further from your face when lying down and aligns the peak to a more natural sitting position.
The Wild Owyhee can be set up using adjustable trekking poles or our optional aluminum or carbon fiber poles (sold separately). Dual tabs on either side of the canopy allow the Wild Owhyee to also be hung from a line between two trees, eliminating the need for poles altogether.
The Wild Owyhee has the benefit of an added No-See-Um skirt perimeter, that eliminates the need to carry a bug net to keep away those pesky mosquitoes. The skirt’s generous 18-inch width allows you flexibility in setting up the shelter at different heights. There is also No-See-Um mesh in the vents.
Six Moon Designs has spent over a decade working with Dyneema®. Through the process, we have developed our own proprietary tape which creates a stronger bond than conventional methods.
- Full 360-degree protection allows this tarp to provide enhanced security compared to a traditional flat tarp.
- High Vent removes excess moisture build-up.
- Zipper Vestibule Closure makes opening and closing the vestibule a snap.
- Dual Side Entry makes entry and exits easy.
- Easy Tensioning Adjustment makes keeping the tent taut a trivial task that can be accomplished while still in your sleeping bag. Re-tension straps have been added to all tie out points.
- Floating Canopy allows the canopy to be set to different heights.
- Optimized Sleeping Area is oriented to maximize usable space, ventilation, and view. A peak height of 45 inches gives you plenty of headroom.
- Dual Pole Support significantly improves headroom and interior space.
- Ultra-light Waterproof Canopy is made from high strength .75 Dyneema Composite Fabric.
- Seam Taped seams provide the strongest seams currently available.
- Extremely Easy Setup in less than two minutes under any conditions.
Ships With: Tarp, Stuff Sacks, Guy lines
Pack Size: 12" X 4.5"
Weight1: 16 oz - 454 g
Stakes: 6 (sold separately)
Frame: Two 45" Poles (sold separately)
Entry: Side Entry
Coverage: 51 ft2 - 4.7 m2
Canopy: .74 Dyneema®
Netting: Ultralight 20D No-See-Um
Zipper: #3 YKK
1. Weight does not include stakes or pole.
Lost your set-up instructions? Additional instructions can be downloaded here.